Selecting a topic for your dissertation is not easy and is often not the most fun task, but it is extremely important to choose a current and relevant topic. A well-chosen topic ensures that you can more easily write a qualitatively good dissertation. This also makes the writing process more pleasant for you.
Steps in choosing your dissertation topic
Step 1: Check what requirements your study places on the dissertation. Do you have to select from a list of topics or may you make your own choice? And do you have to meet any special terms or conditions?
Step 2: Decide what type of research you want to do. Do you just want to compare existing literature or do you want to carry out practical research yourself, for example, in the form of field research or experimental research? Do you want to make use of existing data or do you want to collect the data yourself?
Step 3: Select a global research discipline. Make sure you realize that for some research disciplines there is more information available than for others.
Step 4: Within your global research discipline, look for current articles and papers. Each field has a number of top journals and trade or professional journals. At the least, always make sure that a couple of articles from these top journals have common issues with your area of research.
For inspiration, you can also enter your research discipline at the website of the primary search engine for scholarly literature, http://scholar.google.com. For more databanks, see the following article: How do you perform desk research?.
Step 5: Select a minor detail or characteristic within your research discipline. Can you explain your topic in a few words?
Step 6: Make a Top 3 list of topics.
Step 7: Show your shortlist to your classmates. If they are enthusiastic about a topic, then you know that you have a good one.
Step 8: From the three topics, select the one that you have the best feeling about.
- Pay attention to the requirements of your study. Sometimes you have to choose from a list of topics within your field.
- Choose a current topic. It is often simpler to find a lot of information about a current topic than a dated topic, about which not much has been written recently. Search via Google (Scholar) for recent articles and web blogs. Or use LexisNexis: a database where you can quickly find all articles within your research discipline. Often you have access to LexisNexis via your higher educational institution or university.
- Always make sure that there are enough scientific sources for your topic. For this, look at the best journals within your field. It’s a good idea to review the last few editions of a number of professional journals.
- Try to choose a commercial angle within your research discipline. This can be very handy later when you are trying to get a job in your field.
- Practical research takes up a great deal of time. If you don’t want to spend too much time on your dissertation, then try to avoid practical research. Instead of conducting research yourself, you could also choose to use existing databases. This saves a lot of time, but also makes your dissertation less unique.
Topic selection within a company
If you are going to write a research paper or dissertation for a company, you must ensure that your colleagues and advisor within the company support your choice of topic.
It is important that the topic is relevant to the company; in this way, you are sure that you can ask for assistance within the company when you need it.
You’ve chosen your topic. What’s next?
As soon as you know your topic, it’s time to write an action plan to outline the structure of your dissertation.
Structure action plan for writing a dissertation
You may have an extremely diverse knowledge of your college class and may even really enjoy working on all of your university assignments. But many students tend to hit a brick wall when it comes to writing their dissertations. Graduate level dissertations are among the most difficult pieces of work that you will ever be responsible for and they often prove to be difficult enough to require the help of a professional writing and tutoring service.
That is why we have dedicated ourselves to making sure that we are able to provide only the absolute best dissertation topics for our customers. We want to make sure that the entire process is made to be very simple for you, so all you need to do is give us your exact dissertation assignment requirements. After that, freelance writers working through our service study your order and submit their bids, giving you an opportunity to choose the one you consider to be the most suitable for the task. This also means that you can look forward to receiving a great deal of help choosing a dissertation topic.
Choosing a Dissertation Topic Is Extremely Difficult
- Knowing which dissertation topic will be the best for your area of interest is difficult.
- Many students do not have adequate access to the best literature sources.
- Completing a full dissertation can actually be very expensive.
Frequently, students do not have the right research and analysis tools available to successfully complete their paper. Choosing the absolute best dissertation topics for your particular assignment is often too difficult to do alone. In fact, many college students agree that it is one of the most difficult tasks that you must complete during your academic career. If you choose the wrong topic for your dissertation, then you run the horrible risk of ruining your entire dissertation.
We Provide High Quality Dissertation Topic Examples and More
- We feature highly trained freelance writers for your personal needs.
- You can get dissertation topics for any subjects that feature custom solutions.
- We have virtually unlimited resources.
- You can enjoy affordable rates through our special bidding process.
We are ready to serve all of your personal needs around the clock and address your specific dissertation requirements. You are guaranteed to receive the most accurate information and help with all your dissertation topic needs provided. We have been helping various kinds of students with different types of papers and assignments for a very long time, so we know the best dissertation topic examples to help you get started in the right direction.
The Absolute Best Dissertation Topics Brought Right to Your Virtual Doorstep
- We know the absolute best dissertation topic examples to provide you with.
- You are guaranteed a completed dissertation in a timely manner.
- Your topics and essays are written exactly according to your specifications.
- We process your payment in a very safe and secure way – your money is completely safe with us.
First, you complete and submit a New Order form. Then, the bids come. Once you select a bid from one of our freelance writers, you may be assured that fee will never change. There are never any surprises or hidden fees with which to be concerned. Through our research and industry experience, we help you complete your assignment within whatever time-frame you provide to us, which allows you to receive help in a timely manner. We know exactly how to deliver the best dissertation topic for your specific paper requirements. Contact us today to take advantage of our professional and highly trained freelance writers, and we will start on your assignment today. Among our writers you will find professionals able to tackle the assignment of any academic level from HRM to MBA and PhD paperwork. With us you will find a good professional able to help you with any kind of topic: fashion, psychology, Englishlanguage, criminology, marketing, business, finance, nursing, law, accounting economics, HR, education, architecture and even tourism. Our writers and support team will meet you with hospitality and make your ideas come true.
Dissertation Topic Examples
- Substance misuse stems from a psychological predisposition to addiction and reckless behavior.
- How has the WTO objective of open market access in developing countries led to a boom in the telecoms sector globally?.
- How have current trends in global supply chain management impacted the way that risk-management strategies have evolved?.
- How can strategic project management be used to mitigate delays and overruns in expenditure in the construction industry: A Study of the Construction Industry in Nigeria.
- Structural transformation towards e-government in the South West of China: Moving beyond the Four Stage Model.
- An overview of design patterns utilized for developing multi agent systems (MAS).
- An investigation into the negative effects of social media and the challenges it creates in crisis management.
- Encouraging the use of e-commerce in Saudi Arabia in the light of existing challenges.
- Bullying prevention and intervention strategies for children with disabilities; assessing its prevalence and identifying risk and protective factors.
- The impact of technology on social life in modern times; impact upon generational division.